Chatfield W.S.C. came to be in 1967 to serve the water needs of Northeast Navarro County. Since that time we have expanded to include the customers North of Richland Chambers in Southeast Navarro County. Our service area includes Chatfield, Roane, Petty's Chapel, Bazette, Powell, Round Prairie, Samaria, Rural Shade and parts of Corsicana, Rice and Kerens. In addition, Chatfield W.S.C. supplies water to the City of Goodlow.
We are proud to be a "member owned" non-profit corporation that is served by a Board of Directors, General Manager and Staff. Our crew takes pride in keeping our water safe to drink. An extensive testing procedure ensures that we are aware of how our water system is running. Take a look at what our water monitoring tests include:
- 16 - 24 daily (365 days a year) chlorine residual samples. Taken at pump stations and in the field.
- 16 daily monochloramine samples.
- 16 daily free ammonia samples.
- 6 monthly coliform samples sent to TCEQ.
- 2 Quarterly TTHM and HA samples sent to TCEQ.
- 20 triannual Lead and Copper samples sent to TCEQ.